Saturday, April 10, 2010

Packing List, Last Night Shenanigans, and Leaving New York

I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Philadelphia. The lights are out, my family is all asleep, and it's 3am, but I am wide awake and determined to get as much computer time in while I still have reliable internet. The last couple days have been a blur. Wednesday was the last day of AYM for me, which wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. We had a party, and the kids talked about school and who knows what else while Katie and Kevin and I conducted an in-depth Lost discussion, and we ended with a few words about service and a discussion about the future of the parish and youth group. After youth group, I ended up at Friendly's with my mom, her best friend, one of their friends, and my aunt, and some goodbyes were said. Thursday involved a lot of shopping and running around, and I honestly don't remember a lot of it. I do remember that I spent a good portion of a family dinner in the parking lot of Chili's, mainly because the choice between a caesar salad or a chicken sandwich was obviously cause for immediate, uncontrollable sobbing and semi-hysterical phone calls to amazingly understanding friends. It's funny, dinner choice has never been so emotional before! Thursday ended (and Friday began) with a 3 bar extravaganza with Dawn, a friend since elementary school days, and my brother Kevin. Many drinks, some dancing, and what I'm convinced were totally awesome karaoke renditions of "Hey Jude" and Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited" were involved.
Friday morning came a little too soon, and I was thrown out of bed only a few hours after arriving home. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping followed, along with a goodbye lunch with my dad, and the evening ended with a packing frenzy. We finally, finally left the house at about 9:30pm, and got to Philadelphia 3 hours later- and here we are! For those wondering, the enormity of the situation still has not really hit me, despite my parking lot panic. Maybe it never will?
Anyway, it may finally be time for bed. I'll leave you with the packing list, and next time I post here, it will be from Africa!!!

Carry- On (Regular size backpack)
 Laptop
 Scrapbook
 Wallet
 Skirt
 Dress shirt
 Change of underwear/socks
 Medication (Exedrin, Immodium, Motrin, Benadryl)
 Ipod with wire
 Extra flashdrives
 Toothbrush
 Important paperwork
 Cell phone
 Glasses/ contact case
 Singulair/ Inhaler
 Digital camera with wire
 Address book
 Dayplanner
 Journal/ Quotebook

Rolling Duffel Bag (Training)
 Sleeping Bag
 Skirt
 Khakis
 Socks
 Underwear/Bras
 Short sleeve blouses
 Long sleeve shirt
 Shoes (Keen, flats)
 Flip-flops
 Alarm clock
 Debrox
 Notebook
 Pens/Pencils
 Markers/ Crayons
 Index cards
 Headlamp
 Pajama pants
 T shirt
 Fleece Jacket
 Leggings (for layering)
 Makeup
 Soap
 Shampoo/ Conditioner
 Toothbrush (extra)/Toothpaste
 Feminine products
 Rechargeable Batteries
 First Aid Kit
 Towel
 Razor
 Deodorant
 Body lotion
 Q tips
 Bobby pins
 Anti-frizz solution
 Hair ties
 Contact solution
 Water bottle

Backpacking size backpack (For site)
 Deodorant (extra)
 Shampoo/conditioner (extra)
 School supply type things
 Duck tape
 Contact solution (extra)
 Body lotion (extra)
 Books
– A Wrinkle in Time
– The Bible
– The Lord of the Rings
– Mere Christianity
– The Weather of the Heart
– The Alchemist
– Pride and Prejudice
 Seasoning/ spices
 Ziploc bags
 Decorations for site
 Bathing suit
 Sewing kit
 Can opener
 Lighters
 Swiss Army knife

No comments:

Post a Comment