Monday, April 26, 2010

The "Dry" Season

It's still raining!!! And the cold has arrived. Yes, I moved to Africa at the beginning of winter,and am just now realizing that I underpacked. For anyone out there planning on moving to Botswana, here are the things I wish I had brought: 3 more plain long sleeve shirts for layering, 2 pairs of leggings, more socks, sneakers, gloves, hand sanitizer, a hoodie, a rain jacket, more pajama pants, spices and seasoning, guitar chords and lyrics, a couple more very long skirts (ankle length), strap on waterproof sandals, and a scarf. I can get most of these things here of course, but I wish I'd packed them when I had them in the states.
My time is running out here at the cafe, so I'll make this quick. Everything is going well here. We spent the day in the capital doing immigration paperwork and banking stuff- very exciting. People have started to receive mail and packages, and it seems to take about 2 weeks for things to reach here from the US. I don't expect a lot of packages since it can get pretty expensive to ship things here, but since a few of you asked before I left, here's a list of care package ideas now that I'm here and know what I could use:
-stationary (to write you all letters!)
-American snacks
-taco seasoning (can't be found anywhere)
-hand sanitizer (expensive and here)
-mix cd's
-AA batteries (expensive here)
-books (surprise, surprise)
-photos/random fun things (keep it clean!)

I'm trying to save my pula, so I'll only be on the internet a couple days a week, but I'll try to update the blog whenever I can.
And...time is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment