Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Disembarkation in Africa!!

***Note: I tried to post this yesterday (Monday), but my laptop battery died. I'll update for real as soon as I can get it fully charged.***

3 hour car ride from Long Island to Philadelphia
5 hours of staging lectures and ice breakers
6 hours of no sleep and literally no room at the inn (Holiday Inn, actually)
2.5 hour bus ride from Philly to JFK, leaving at 2am
5 hours of waiting for the flight at JFK (and our flight left on time)
15 hour flight from JFK to Johannesburg, South Africa by airbus
8 hour layover in Johannesburg
45 minute flight from Johannesburg to Gaborone, South Africa
20 minute bus ride from the airport to the Big 5 Lodge, where we will be staying for the first few nights before we move in with our host families.
I think that's enough traveling for quite some time, don't you?
Anyway, Africa is great so far, beautiful weather, beautiful African sunset, and really nice people. I'll be in the lodge til Friday, hopefully I can update again before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment